Need Ocean Shipping Support? Expand Your Global Reach with the Expert Sea Freight Forwarders
Enjoy flexible, cost-effective sea freight solutions, ocean shipping options
Ocean freight demand is expected to rise for the next several years—alongside increasingly formidable geopolitical factors. In the face of these challenges, including tricky customs and confusing tariffs, many organizations across a broad range of industries choose to partner with experienced customs brokers and sea freight forwarders like AIT.
Why? Because we'll expertly handle the complexities of moving your freight around the world, so you can focus on what matters: growing your bottom line.
Choose AIT's global sea freight team for ocean shipping
Whether you're shipping thousands of TEUs or the occasional less than container load, when you partner with us, you'll enjoy access to:
- More than 1,500 weekly direct services serving 100+ countries via the world's largest consolidation network
- Oversized, overweight, project and breakbulk cargo expertise
- Strong relationships with core and niche carriers
- End-to-end sea shipping visibility
- 24/7 customer support
- And much more!
Discover AIT's global sea freight services
The result? Highly competitive rates and the flexibility to offer customized options that meet your requirements.
Whether you need to ship standard container loads, oversized commodities or other cargo, AIT's ocean freight solutions have what you need:
- Ocean import and export services
- Transatlantic and transpacific expertise
- Foreign banking support
- Sight draft creation
- Letters of credit development
- Legalization support
- Certificates of origin construction
- Direct filing via the Automated Export System
- Full-container-load (FCL) and less than container load (LCL) options
- Containerization with reefer service
- Supplier consolidation
- Exclusive charters
What additional services does AIT include with sea shipping?
At AIT, we're much more than sea freight forwarders. Around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services across nearly every mode, including barge, ground, rail, and air.
And our global logistics experts are ready to develop a sea shipping program with you that includes:
- Purchase order management
- Landed costing
- Packaging solutions
- Permit management
- And more!
What is included in AIT's LCL Express ocean shipping service?
AIT's LCL Express Service accelerates transit times from the Pacific Rim to North America. With weekly fixed sailing schedules from dedicated facilities, customers experience reliable LCL ocean service, with distribution across the United States via our unsurpassed ground network.
- Simplified, per-kilogram pricing
- All-inclusive service across the U.S.
- All origins common rated
- Dedicated ocean team
- Complete shipment visibility
- Save as much as 75% compared to traditional air freight
- Speeds up to 30% faster than traditional inland point intermodal service from Los Angeles
What's the difference between FCL and LCL? Which ocean shipping service is right for me?
For FCL shipments, all goods in a container are owned by one party, while LCL involves multiple shippers' goods packed together.
Business needs and inventory requirements determine a company's shipping decision, along with factors like cost and commodity type. For instance, LCL allows you to maintain a smaller, more adaptable product inventory, while FCL is ideal for bulk items and large-volume products.
Download our ocean freight shipping guide as a quick reference for conversions, dimensions, and helpful links.
What customs clearance services does AIT provide for sea shipping?
AIT provides hassle-free clearance for all sea imports and exports, with a customer-centric system that makes the process seamless. Our customs clearance services include:
- Remote location filing
- 10+2 Importer Security
- Automated broker interface offering real-time status tracking
- Bonded warehouse locations
- Temporary importation under bond
- Carnet issuances, validations, and cancellations
- Risk management with Incoterms
- Compliance support
Do more than keep your sea shipping strategy afloat
When you partner with AIT for ocean shipping, you gain access to a team of global sea freight forwarders who have the experience, knowledge, and industry relationships to successfully manage every aspect of your sea shipping process—from booking your cargo to arranging pickup and delivery to performing shipping documentation.