Cut Costs with Less than Container Load (LCL) Shipping
AIT's LCL shipping experts help you save by consolidating your freight with other shippers
Less than container load shipments are when a single container is used to transport goods from multiple shippers.
AIT professionals, often in partnership with our in-house customs clearance brokerage, deliver reliable, cost-effective LCL shipping services to customers all over the world, across all types of industries.
- Reduced rates via the world's largest consolidation network
- End-to-end sea shipping visibility
- 24/7 customer support
- Oversized, overweight, project and breakbulk cargo expertise
- And much more!
- 75% less expensive than traditional air freight
- 30% faster than typical inland intermodal service from LAX
- Simplified pricing (per kilogram)
- All-inclusive Asia-to-destination-door service
- All origins common rated
- Permit management
- Landed costing
- Packaging solutions
- Purchase order management
- And more!
Shippers typically opt for LCL in situations where cargo volume is too low to fill a container by itself.
AIT's experts will help you make an informed decision based on your organization's specific needs and inventory requirements, including factors like cost and commodity type. For instance, while smaller, more adaptable freight is less likely to need an entire container to itself, FCL is a better fit for bulk items and large-volume products.
Less than container load shipping benefits
- Lower cost: The most cost-effective option for smaller shipments, providing a less expensive alternative to air freight and FCL.
- Improved flexibility: Reduce shippers' inventory investment, making it easier to adjust shipment schedules to accommodate business needs.
- Increased control: Pick up and drop off cargo directly from the warehouse, cutting out other entities and streamlining the process.
Download our ocean freight shipping guide as a quick reference for conversions, dimensions, and helpful links.