Expand Your Reach with AIT's Reliable Global Sea Export Solutions
Streamline your ocean export experience with sea freight export professionals
While sea export demand is expected to increase a whopping 18% from 2021 through 2024, capacity is only projected to increase 14% to 15% during the same period.
That's why organizations across industries are partnering with ocean export logistics experts like AIT. With our professionals on your team, you can rest assured we'll find cost-effective capacity for your shipments—and that they'll make it to their final destinations safely, securely, and on time.
Why partner with AIT to export sea freight?
Backed by decades of experience, AIT's global sea freight team provides customers with flexible solutions for a variety of goods every day. And we make it easy, handling every aspect of the sea freight export process, from booking cargo to arranging pickup and delivery to preparing shipping documentation and more.
Your sea freight export partnership with AIT also delivers:
- 24/7 customer support
- More than 1,500 weekly direct services serving 100+ countries via the world's largest consolidation network
- Strong relationships with core and niche carriers
- Oversized, overweight, project and breakbulk cargo expertise
- End-to-end sea shipping visibility
- And much more!
Discover a world-class sea export process
Choose from a range of options
AIT makes the sea freight export process simple, with comprehensive options including:
- Customs clearance support
- Full container load
- Less than container load
- Project cargo
- Out-of-gauge and break bulk cargo support
- Containerization with available reefer service
- And much more!
Three easy steps to seamless ocean exports
AIT will guide your shipment every step of the way, keeping it on schedule from pickup to transit to final delivery. Exact steps may vary based on your shipment specifications, but sea exports with AIT generally follow a three-step process:
- Customer requests shipment
- Customer or shipper provides shipment information
- AIT books shipment with ocean carrier
- Pre-alert is sent to customer or destination agent
- AIT arranges for pickup of freight
- Shipment departs from origin port
- AIT tracks shipment until it arrives at destination port
- Depending on type of shipment, consignee or destination agent arranges for customs clearance
- Freight is either delivered directly to consignee or retrieved at airport by destination agent
- AIT invoices customer
Remove customs challenges from your to-do list
AIT's export team can help you navigate different countries' complex customs rules and assist with arranging clearance at the port of destination.
For ocean export to the United States, AIT's in-house customs brokerage provides clearance services including 10+2 Importer Security (ISF), Remote Location Filing (RLF) and strict compliance with U.S. government regulations.
How will AIT ensure the security of my sea exports?
As a licensed Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier and Ocean Transportation Intermediary, AIT's locations feature multiple, advanced safety and security features, including 24-hour monitoring, closed-circuit cameras, keypad access and strict driver check-in and escort policies. All our United States facilities are also authorized economic operators. Learn more about our credentials and approach to cargo security.
Enhance your ocean export experience with the industry's leading experts
Ready to partner with experienced, helpful logistics professionals who will work with you to design a sea freight export plan that meets your vision, budget, and timeline? Request a sea export quote or contact a representative to learn more or get started today.