While international shipping is a crucial part of doing business globally, the processes and regulations around it can be complex. AIT Worldwide Logistics has decades of experience assisting customers with their ocean exports needs, managing every aspect of the shipment process. With a team dedicated to the success of your sea exports, we handle booking cargo, arranging pickup and delivery, shipping documentation and more.
AIT’s Ocean Export Services
AIT is a licensed Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) and Ocean Transportation Intermediary (OTI), meaning we secure reliable, predictably priced space for our customers every month. Our established carrier relationships benefit our clients by delivering competitive rates and providing greater flexibility to accommodate your company’s shipping needs.
We offer comprehensive worldwide sea freight services, including:
- Full Container Load (FCL)
- Less Than Container Load (LCL)
- Project Cargo
- Out-of-gauge and Break Bulk
- Sea-Air Service
- Containerization with Reefer Service
Beyond shipping, AIT provides services for several important areas of ocean transit. We can assist with:
- Foreign Banking
- Sight Drafts
- Letters of Credit
- Certificates of Origin
Sea Export Process
AIT has the expertise and global network support necessary to ensure your ocean exports are managed throughout their voyage and delivered on time. We’ll ensure your cargo is safe and secure every step of the way, starting with booking shipments, arranging for freight pick-up, customs clearance to final delivery at destination. The sea export process typically follows these basic steps:
- Customer requests shipment
- Customer or shipper provides shipment information
- AIT books shipment with ocean carrier
- Pre-alert is send to customer or destination agent
- AIT arranges for pickup of freight
- Shipment departs from origin port
- AIT tracks shipment until it arrives at destination port
- Depending on type of shipment, consignee or destination agent arranges for customs clearance
- Freight is either delivered directly to consignee or retrieved at airport by destination agent
- AIT invoices customer
Custom Clearance for Sea Exports
AIT’s export team can help you navigate the exporting rules of different countries and assist with arranging customs clearance at the port of destination.
For ocean export to the United States, AIT Customs Brokerage provides clearance services including 10+2 Importer Security (ISF), Remote Location Filing (RLF) and strict compliance with U.S. government regulations.