Go inside AIT’s e-commerce solutions
How AIT’s fulfillment logistics team collaborates with you to achieve industry-leading e-commerce delivery results
Retailers around the world trust AIT’s e-commerce solutions experts to develop solutions for seamless e-commerce delivery.
Read on to learn exactly how AIT’s fulfillment logistics team works with your distribution center or ours to save time, simplify operations, and cut costs.
How does AIT’s door-to-door e-commerce solution work?
AIT’s savvy e-commerce delivery and order fulfillment model bypasses traditional ocean import, stateside warehousing and fulfillment hubs.
- Transport of finished goods from manufacturer(s) to AIT facilities worldwide
- Order information available for in-country shipments and pick-and-pack services
- Electronic ship-confirmation, end-to-end tracking integrated with your order management system
- Based on your business requirements, AIT builds outbound consolidation to the United States, including:
- Pallet/container build for individual, U.S.-bound orders
- Cargo screening and x-ray
- U.S.-entry-compliant manifesting
- Daily flight schedules to U.S. gateway cities (Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami and New York)
- Fully trackable cargo milestones from airlines
- Cargo retrieved via bonded vehicle
- Most shipments cleared before landing
- Duty-free, rapid customs clearance (often same-day), for Section 321-eligible products
- Authorized express consignment carrier facility locations approved by U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Tender for regional and local parcel zone delivery via final-mile carriers
- Individual parcels delivered directly to B2B and B2C customers from gateway cities
- Final mile for bulkier items provided by AIT’s residential delivery network
- Coordination with major U.S. retail distribution centers available for urgent and/or high-value inventory restocking that requires in-country air transport
What are the requirements for fulfillment logistics and e-commerce delivery services?
While AIT’s e-commerce solutions accommodate a wide variety of goods for U.S. import, in our experience, the following criteria will result in the greatest benefits:
- Individual products with a declared value of $800 or less (per order, per day)
- Consistent volumes of 100+ parcels per import
- Five-to-seven-business-day delivery window