Customs Clearance for Mexico
Moving freight across the Mexican border can be a challenge for both experienced and first-time shippers. While it’s a common destination and pit stop for North American goods, Mexico’s unique regulations and processes often make things difficult for shippers.
Fortunately, AIT’s knowledgeable customs brokerage team can help navigate this tricky territory, working with customs agents to keep your shipments on track. We will cover all bases, making sure your freight adheres to every applicable policy and federal regulation necessary.
Mexico Customs Clearance
While imports and exports passing through Mexico mostly follow a straightforward process, frequent regulation changes are common — and often arrive with little notice. In addition, the country has several unique customs requirements and procedures that commercial shippers must follow.
AIT simplifies the customs clearance process for your company, offering a full range of specialized services for shipments across the border.
- Priority clearance through U.S. Customs using an automated electronic broker interface
- “Wheels Up” air shipment clearance while the shipment is enroute
- Maquiladora compliance support for reduced or waived duties on equipment and raw materials
- Temporary Importation under Bond (TIB) processing and closures
- Carnet issuances, validations and cancellations
- Risk management and strict government compliance
Transborder shipping is easy with the support of AIT’s strategically located offices in Mexico. Equipped with extensive local market knowledge, AIT’s experts reside in three key locations – Guadalajara, Hermosillo and Monterrey.