Backed by our global network and core carrier program, AIT Worldwide Logistics will guide your sea freight safely from port to port. Our expert teams are equipped to manage every aspect of the process from booking your cargo, arranging pickup, handling shipping documentation and delivery to final destination.
No matter the size of your company or the scope of your ocean import, our seasoned professionals work behind the scenes to bring your freight into the country to meet your schedule and expectations.
AIT’s Ocean Import Services
From container loading to documentation, we’ll assist with planning every detail of the sea import process. As a licensed Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) and Ocean Transportation Intermediary (OTI), we work to secure space with steady, fixed pricing every month. Plus, our strong carrier network relationships enable us to negotiate affordable, flexible cargo space for our customers.
Our global ocean freight services include:
- Full Container Load (FCL)
- Less Than Container Load (LCL)
- Container Management
- Out-of-gauge and Break Bulk
- Project Cargo
- Reefer Service
- Sea-Air Service
Our import services extend beyond freight shipping, with solutions that cover every aspect of ocean transport, including:
- Foreign Banking
- Sight Drafts
- Letters of Credit
- Certificates of Origin
Sea Import Process
Through decades working with customers across the world, we’ve become experts in importing ocean freight efficiently. AIT works to deliver your shipment quickly and take care of the necessary documentation and shipping details. While this process varies by shipment, a typical sea import follows these steps:
- Customer requests shipment
- Customer or country origin office arranges pickup
- Local vendor or customer drops freight at the origin port
- Shipment is booked and information is sent to AIT
- Ocean carrier departs port with shipment
- AIT delivers shipment documents to customs broker
- Ocean carrier or origin office send arrival notice to AIT
- AIT arranges for shipment transfer to bonded warehouse and customs broker clears freight
- Customs broker turns shipment over to AIT along with relevant documents
- Carrier arrives at destination port, AIT dispatches shipment and provides local delivery agent with necessary delivery documents
- Local agent delivers shipment and provides proof of delivery to AIT
- AIT invoices customer or country origin office
Custom Clearance for Sea Imports to the U.S.
AIT provides hassle-free clearance for all sea imports through U.S. ports, with a customer-centric system that makes the process manageable. Our customs clearance services include:
- Remote Location Filing (RLF)
- 10+2 Importer Security (ISF)
- Automated broker interface offering real-time status tracking
- Bonded warehouse locations
- Temporary Importation under Bond (TIB)
- Carnet issuances, validations and cancellations
- Risk management with Incoterms
Rely on the AIT Customs Brokerage team to give you the peace of mind when importing products into the United States.