Grow Your Global Reach with AIT's e-Commerce Solutions, Order Fulfillment
Pushed along by ever-faster data speeds, widespread internet access and vast mobile device penetration, the e-Commerce industry—including e-Commerce logistics—has seen massive growth in the past few decades. And with major markets like India still experiencing e-Commerce awakenings, the growth is expected to continue.
But did you know that nearly half (45 percent) of shoppers have abandoned an online cart due inadequate e-Commerce shipping options? It’s true. With access to e-Commerce options more commonplace than ever, customer expectations are on the rise.
In the face of great risks and rewards, read on to find out how, a partnership with AIT can take your e-Commerce shipping and order fulfillment strategy to the next level.
Why choose AIT e-Commerce solutions for shipping and order fulfillment?
Online retailers and distributors around the world trust AIT’s knowledgeable and flexible supply chain experts. That’s because we have the scope and know-how to design and mange streamlined, rapid and cost-effective e-commerce shipping solutions that get finished goods from Asia and Europe to U.S. consumers and B2B customers ASAP.
And, on top of enjoying reduced or minimized warehousing and order fulfillment costs, our e-Commerce solutions customers minimize their duty fees and save as 30 percent per shipment compared to traditional parcel provider services.
Most importantly, they’re able to turn those benefits into customer delight and increased sales via faster service and reduced prices.
How does AIT’s door-to-door e-Commerce shipping work?
AIT’s savvy e-Commerce shipping and order fulfillment model bypasses traditional ocean import, stateside warehousing and fulfillment hubs.
Step 1: In-Country Consolidation
- Transport of finished goods from manufacturer(s) to AIT facilities worldwide
- Order information available for in-country, AIT pick, pack and ship
- Electronic ship-confirmation, end-to-end tracking integrated with your order management system
- Based on your business rules, AIT builds outbound consolidation to the United States, including:
- Pallet/container build for individual, U.S.-bound orders
- Cargo screening and x-ray
- U.S.-entry-compliant manifesting
Step 2: Import to United States
- Daily flight schedules to U.S. gateway cities (Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and Miami)
- Fully trackable cargo milestones from airlines
- Cargo retrieved via bonded vehicle
- Most shipments cleared before landing
- Duty-free, rapid customs clearance, often same-day for Section 321-eligible products,
- Authorized express consignment carrier facility locations approved by U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Tender for regional and local parcel zone delivery via final-mile carriers
Step 3: Final-Mile Delivery
- Individual parcels delivered directly to B2B and B2C customers from gateway cities
- Final mile for bulkier items provided by AIT’s residential delivery network
- Coordination with major U.S. retail distribution centers available for urgent and/or high-value inventory restocking that requires domestic air transport
What are the requirements for e-Commerce shipping?
While AIT accommodates a wide variety of goods for U.S. import via our e-Commerce solutions, in our experience, following the below criteria will result in the greatest benefits:
- Individual products with a declared value of $800 or less (per order, per day)
- Consistent volumes of 100+ parcels per import
- Five-to-seven-business-day delivery window
Deliver best-in-class e-Commerce order fulfillment
Partner with an e-Commerce shipping and order fulfillment expert who will work with you to design a program that meets your budget and your timeline. To learn more, contact a representative today.