Cross Borders Seamlessly with Seasoned Air Import Professionals
Take advantage of AIT's cost-effective, secure air import process
With the global air cargo market expected to balloon to $223 billion by 2028, organizations around the world are teaming with air import freight forwarding process experts like AIT to ensure their shipments make it across borders safely, securely—and on time.
Why choose AIT's air import process?
Backed by decades of experience moving air freight, AIT provides customers from a range of industries with services and support for a variety of goods every day—from fresh produce to home furnishings to highly sensitive networking equipment.
And whether you need urgent next-day shipping or can flex up to four- or five-day transit times, we match your international air freight to the best solutions available via our Elite, Premier and Economy options.
Partnership with AIT delivers:
- 40+ years air freight expertise
- Strong relationships with 17 core carriers who prioritize your cargo
- Certified cargo screening facilities across the United States
- 24/7 shipment visibility and customer service
- And much more!
Discover AIT's industry leading air import solutions
Choose from a wide variety of services
AIT makes the air import process simple with comprehensive options including:
- Door-to-door and airport-to-airport delivery
- Customs clearance support
- Air charter management
- Over-sized cargo
- Hand carry/onboard courier services
- Dangerous goods handling
- And much more!
Easy as 1, 2, 3: AIT's air import freight forwarding process
AIT will guide your shipment every step of the way, keeping it on schedule through the air import process—from pickup to transit to final delivery. Exact steps may vary based on your shipment specifications, but imports with AIT generally follow a three-step process:
- Customer requests shipment
- Customer or origin agent provides shipment information
- Pick-up arrangements are made by customer or origin agent
- Origin agent books shipment, sends pre-alert to AIT
- Local carrier departs with shipment
- AIT tracks shipment, turns over documents for customs clearance
- Shipment arrives at destination airport
- Customs broker clears freight, delivers release documents to AIT
- AIT dispatches the shipment, providing delivery agent with necessary documents
- Agent delivers shipment and provides proof of delivery to AIT
- AIT invoices customer or origin agent
Enjoy in-house customs clearance support
AIT's experienced, in-house customs brokerage team—in collaboration with our multilingual, in-region teams around the world—will keep your shipments on schedule, handling all the complex details, including tricky customs declarations and confusing tariffs.
If you are importing to the United States, AIT's customs brokerage team also offers a "Wheels Up" service, enabling your shipment to clear U.S. Customs while it's still in the air—speeding up transit times as much as a full day.
How will AIT ensure the security of my air imports?
As a member of the Transport Asset Protection Association, AIT's locations feature multiple, advanced safety and security features, including 24-hour monitoring, closed-circuit cameras, keypad access and strict driver check-in and escort policies. All our United States facilities are also authorized economic operators. Learn more about our credentials and approach to cargo security.
Move the needle with an enhanced air import process
Ready to partner with logistics experts who will work with you to design a plan that meets your vision, budget, and timeline? Request a quote or contact a representative to learn more or get started today.