Grow Your Reach Fast with AIT's Global Air Export Process
Export air freight securely, safely nearly anywhere in the world
With air export demands at an all-time high, organizations around the world are teaming with air export process experts like AIT to ensure their shipments make it to their final destinations safely, securely—and on time.
Why partner with AIT to export air freight?
Backed by decades of experience moving air freight, AIT provides customers from a range of industries with air export services and support for a variety of goods every day—from temperature-controlled pharmaceuticals to automotive components to populated server racks.
And whether you need urgent next-day shipping or can flex up to four- or five-day transit times, we match your international air freight to the best solutions available via our Elite, Premier and Economy options.
Partnership with AIT delivers:
- 24/7 shipment visibility and customer service
- 40+ years air export expertise
- Certified cargo screening facilities across the United States
- Strong relationships with 17 core carriers who prioritize your cargo
- And much more!
Discover a world-class air export process
Choose from a range of options
AIT makes the air export process simple with comprehensive options including:
- Customs clearance support
- Air charter management
- Over-sized cargo
- Dangerous goods handling
- Door-to-door and airport-to-airport delivery
- Hand carry/onboard courier services
- And much more!
Three simple steps to export air freight
AIT will guide your shipment every step of the way, keeping it on schedule through the air export process—from pickup to transit to final delivery. Exact steps may vary based on your shipment specifications, but air exports with AIT generally follow a three-step process:
- Customer requests shipment
- Customer or shipper provides shipment information
- AIT arranges pickup of freight at shipper's facility
- Customer or shipper provides shipment documents
- AIT creates a house air waybill, books shipment with carrier and creates master air waybill
- AIT sends pre-alert, arranges drop of freight at origin airport
- Shipment departs origin airport
- AIT tracks shipment until it arrives at destination airport
- Depending on type of shipment, consignee or destination agent arranges for customs clearance
- Freight is either delivered to consignee or retrieved at airport
- AIT invoices customer
We'll handle the customs hassle for you
When you need to export air freight, AIT's experienced, in-house customs brokerage team—in collaboration with our multilingual, in-region teams around the world—will keep your shipments on schedule, handling all the complex details, including confusing customs declarations and tricky tariffs.
If you are exporting to the United States, AIT's customs brokerage team also offers a "Wheels Up" service, enabling your air export shipment to clear U.S. Customs while it's still in the air—speeding up transit times as much as a full day.
How will AIT ensure the security of my air exports?
As a member of the Transport Asset Protection Association, AIT's locations feature multiple, advanced safety and security features, including 24-hour monitoring, closed-circuit cameras, keypad access and strict driver check-in and escort policies. All our United States facilities are also authorized economic operators. Learn more about our credentials and approach to cargo security.
Boost your bottom line when you export air freight with the professionals
Ready to partner with logistics experts who will work with you to design an air export process plan that meets your vision, budget, and timeline? Request a quote or contact a representative to learn more or get started today.