Government Supply Chain Security
In-depth knowledge of best practices, understanding of government regulations and access to vital technology play a crucial role in ensuring global supply chain security.
Serving each branch of the U.S. government, AIT Worldwide Logistics is a full-service transportation and logistics provider committed to going beyond the call of duty. We offer custom-built transportation solution, including ocean and air freight, truckload, less-than-truckload (LTL), expedited, intermodal, warehousing, project management and specialized services.
Government Supply Chain Security Solutions
Stringent government cargo security is AIT’s first line of defense in proving superior government services. This includes:
- Strict Regulatory Compliance – AIT’s regulatory affairs department oversees all day-to-day security efforts. We have retained credentials from and are familiar with prominent regulatory bodies including:
- United States Department of Transport (USDOT)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- TSA-Certified Cargo Screening Facilities – AIT offers onsite TSA-certified screening facilities for all vendors and shipments in major hubs. Additionally, our trained teams of cargo specialists can conduct Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) and physical searches, and use TSA canines for additional security.
- Quality Assurance and Audits – AIT’s quality assurance initiatives goal is providing customers with a positive, memorable experience. Our systematic approach focuses on standardization, documentation and 24/7 monitoring to guarantee governmental compliance and a smooth logistics process from beginning to end.
Our approach to quality assurance consists of three main elements:
- Quality Management System (QMS) – Designed to measure and improve the quality of service to our customers, our QMS is a collection of key performance indicators (KPIs) that is evaluated against industry benchmarks. This allows us to identify – and adjust – programs not performing to their full capability.
- Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) – CAPA is dedicated to identifying new issues or risks. After initial investigation, the AIT team works to isolate the problem, proposing solutions and corrective actions. These practices are then applied, leading to improved performance.
- Quality Satisfaction Index (QSI) – A few questions to our customers can reveal a lot. We conduct an annual QSI survey with customers, gathering feedback and trends that are used to address customer concerns.
- Compliance Measures and Training – AIT’s employee training program is rigorous and is required across all areas of expertise. We train employees to guarantee they’re equipped to handle on-the-job security challenges. For example, our cargo and freight drivers are trained in dangerous goods transportation, robbery response and anti-terrorism.
Simplifying Government Cargo Security
Our CRAF (Civil Reserve Air Fleet) agreement enhances AIT’s capabilities to transport government commodities internationally. AIT’s commitment to government supply chain security is unmatched. To learn more about our security and compliance practices, contact AIT today.