Reverse Logistics Services for Happy Customers—and Bigger Bottom Lines
Cut costs, increase revenues with reverse distribution, asset recovery services
Thanks to soaring sales, experts predict U.S. e-Commerce returns will surpass $300 million dollars in 2023. But at the same time, the majority of retailers simply aren’t equipped to handle the influx of returns online shopping generates.
Indeed, more than half of distribution center managers say they don’t have the capability or resources to determine whether returned items should be sent to the vendor, moved into inventory or discarded.
Enhancing reverse logistics with the help of a professional team is one way many organizations are reducing costs, increasing their sustainability and carving out a competitive advantage. The right partner can take advantage of their scale and expertise to heal common reverse supply chain pain points.
What is reverse logistics?
Reverse logistics is the process of returning discarded goods and packaging from consumers back up the supply chain to recapture value and/or properly dispose of material.
Goods may end up recycled, remanufactured, refurbished, reused or resold.
What reverse distribution services does AIT provide?
AIT’s asset recovery services are comprehensive, cost-effective and quick. For more than 50 years, our customers have counted on ability to make returns stress-free and easy while streamlining product and packaging waste recovery.
Our asset recovery services include, but aren’t limited to:
- Product retrieval from residential and business locations
- Warranty exchanges
- Scanning and asset tracking
- Disassembly and packing
- Charitable donation management
- Seamless merchandise return
Does AIT support B2B reverse logistics as well as B2C?
Yes, we do! AIT has a diverse portfolio of both B2B and B2C asset recovery customers that rely on our flexible reverse distribution capabilities. Our B2B reverse logistics skillset includes, but is not limited to:
- Point-of-sale system retrieval
- Office and store asset swap services
- Medical equipment retrieval, pack and return
- Large-format office technology recovery and relocation
What is the AIT process for asset recovery?
With more than four decades of reverse distribution under their belts, AIT’s dedicated asset recovery experts have smooth service down to a science. While the process varies, depending no your unique requirements, it generally follows these eight steps:
- AIT examines your shipment and coordinates pickup arrangements
- Based on your unique requirements, we assign the best-suited agent or carrier
- We provide the agent or carrier with your shipment requirements and continue to monitor your shipment along its journey
- The agent or carrier picks up your asset and swaps it with a replacement, if needed
- The origin agent or carrier provides AIT with piece count and tracking information and confirms delivery of replacement, if applicable
- We move your shipment to a distribution center or recycling facility via a carrier partner or AIT-exclusive truck
- Your asset arrives at the destination, where we inspect and scan it into your inventory
- AIT confirms receipt of returned asset
Do AIT’s asset recovery services include inventory management or storage?
Yes! AIT’s reverse distribution team is fully equipped to monitor your products and provide inventory control, and offers several quality-assurance services, including physical counts, cycle counts, discrepancy reports and inventory receipt creation.
Team with reverse distribution experts
For customized, expertly executed reverse distribution that will be as pleasing to your customers as it is to your bottom line, partner with the team at AIT. To learn more about our asset recovery services, contact an AIT representative today.