Food Logistics Division
AIT’s Food Logistics division is a longstanding and significant portion of the company. Through a combination of innovative technology and time-tested procedures, we provide reliable food supply chain logistics for our customers. With experts who carefully and strategically pack and track every shipment, we ensure smooth, safe transport for your perishable products.
Food Supply Chain Overview
AIT is committed to earning our customers’ trust through proactive communication, customer service and dependable operations. We’ll communicate status updates and service interruptions throughout the shipping process, and ensure your transportation needs and documentation — both domestic and international — are taken care of.
Our procedures are designed to provide safe and cost-effective routing solutions. The Food Logistics division includes dedicated food service facilities and a regional consultative selling team. The division’s scale and services continue to grow, shipping over 87 million pounds of food cargo over the past five years.
View a full list of AIT’s Cold Chain Food Logistics services here.
Cold Chain Technology and Services
As technology evolves and consumers demand that goods be fresh and delivered quickly, AIT stays on the cutting edge of cold chain food logistics. We cater cold chain packing to each product, using proper equipment to avoid temperature abuse. We use innovative strategies and technology to maintain your products’ integrity and quality, including:
- Communicating Shipment Milestones and Status Updates
- No-to-Low Claims
- Temperature-Monitoring Devices
- Rigorous Training and Temperature Erosion Oversight
Food Logistics Customers
Over 1,400 cold chain customers trust AIT to maintain shipment integrity, delivering food products to each destination without product loss. We work across several industries to provide successful, streamlined food logistics in situations where timeliness matters.
Our customer portfolio includes more than 300 of the top food companies in the United States including:
- Food Service Distributors
- Restaurant Operators
- Cold Storage Facilities
- Grocery Chains
- High Volume Fruit Growers
- Bulk Produce Distributors
- Sales and Marketing Agencies
- Food Brokers
Food Supply Chain Quality
Combined with decades of time-tested shipping expertise, AIT’s quality management system (QMS) helps ensure continued world-class service for our food logistics customers. This system defines, measures and continuously improves the quality of service we provide.
Other features to improve quality consist of:
- Our Quality Satisfaction Initiative (QSI), which drives continuous improvement and corrective action.
- Operational efficiencies managed through workflow processes and technology enhancements.
- Constant temperature monitoring of in-transit products, including reusable temperature devices that allow us to record minute-by-minute data.
- Comprehensive information technology to clients including shipment visibility, status notifications, EDI and data integration.