Sustainably secure valuable shipments with AIT, reusable crates
Reduce your carbon footprint with stronger, cheaper reusable shipping crates
From fragile prototypes and technology deployments to sensitive medical equipment, high-value server cabinets and beyond, these ultra-tough reusable crates, provided by the Logistics Advanced Research Center (LARC) are better for the environment and beneficial for your organization’s bottom line.
- Compact, collapsible design
- Built-in real-time tracking and condition monitoring
- Less expensive
- Zero damage events
- Customizable, modular design
- Reusable, with AIT-managed drop-off and pickup
Increase your shipment security, not your carbon footprint
Each server cabinet move with AIT employing this reusable packaging solution will not only save an average of two trees and three gallons of fuel, but it will also give you peace of mind:
- Chain of custody per unit, versus per truck = a higher level of protection
- Monitoring and tracking by individual unit (GPS, humidity, tilt, shock, light, temperature and altitude)
- Ablative engineering redirects vibrations and shocks, protecting cargo inside
Reusable shipping crates vs. wood: Why reusable packaging wins
While LARC reusable crates can be used again and again, 94% of traditional, wood shipping crates are used just once, then burned or sent to a landfill.
Wood crates also require toxic chemicals or energy-intensive heat treatments, while LARC’s reusable crates are designed to be 100% recyclable at end-of-life.
Additionally, thanks to their hollow, double-walled design, reusable shipping crates from LARC are stronger, more flexible, more cost-effective, and lighter than their wood counterparts.
Beyond reusable crates: explore AIT’s sustainable solutions
From reusable containers and direct routing to strategic cargo consolidation, electric vehicle transport, alternative fuels, and much more, AIT is leading the pack when it comes to providing environmentally friendly supply chain options.