AIT automotive logistics solutions help Tier 1 supplier cut transit times, save on cost
In 2019, one of the world’s largest Tier 1 automotive suppliers needed fast, secure freight forwarding for specialized machinery, equipment, parts and components from Asia and Europe to manufacturing sites in Mexico. AIT’s in-region teams quickly designed and delivered end-to-end supply chain solutions that helped the customer decrease transit times and avoid costly line-down situations.
CHALLENGE: Tight production timelines, fluctuating freight rates
Like all automotive suppliers, the customer’s hurdles include mitigating supply chain risks and keeping costs down, while adhering to narrow production timelines. To meet their goals, they needed a forwarder well-versed in the automotive sector’s unique compliance requirements, as well as a shipping partner that could not only deliver on time, but also provide consistent capacity and stable rates across modes.
SOLUTION: All-in-one automotive supply chain services
Over the course of a year, AIT’s on-the-ground automotive logistics experts in Asia, Europe and North America collaborated on multiple seamless, comprehensive solutions, including:
- Ocean import from Europe to Mexico
- Air import from Asia and Europe to Mexico City
- Shipment consolidations
- Hand carry / on-board courier service for urgent parts deliveries between Asia and Mexico that prevented line-down situations
- Ground freight management (full truckload, expedited, hot shots and daily pickups)
- Third-party logistics support in customer manufacturing facilities
The AIT Difference Makers
- Faster, flexible, cost-effective solutions
- Strong carrier relationships deliver stable rates, consistent capacity
- Real-time communication with partners and AIT locations in Asia and Europe enables 24/7 operational support
- End-to-end supply chain visibility via MyAIT business intelligence portal
- Intimate automotive manufacturing logistics, compliance knowledge
- Comprehensive customer support with a hands-on, personal approach
RESULT: Increased speed, reduced cost
AIT’s efficient, cost-effective solutions—founded on unrivaled procurement of capacity and stable rates—helped the Tier 1 supplier mitigate risk, reduce costs, and meet on-time key performance indicators for many of the world’s largest automakers. As a result, in less than a year, the partnership expanded from a single plant to six facilities across Mexico.
|CLICK TO CONNECT WITH OUR GLOBAL EXPERTS|