AIT places serious attention on the safety of our people and the global supply chain. We meet and exceed rigorous performance standards to outperform expectations in the categories of quality and security.
AIT is an active participant in the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) and Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), a joint initiative between government and industry designed to protect cargo entering the United States. Our contributions to these organizations give our customers confidence in the safety of their cargo.
We live and work in a new era of security, and nowhere is the demand for enhanced protective measures more apparent than in the logistics industry. AIT strictly adheres to the industry-standard compliance regulations as we move cargo safely and efficiently around the world.
AIT's transportation licenses and certifications include:
- Licensed Freight Forwarder (DOT/FMSCA)
- Licensed Motor Carrier (DOT/FMSCA)
- Licensed Freight Broker (DOT)
- Hazardous Materials Certified (DOT)
- Indirect Air Carrier (TSA)
- Certified Cargo Screening Facility (TSA)
- Non-vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC)
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary (FMSCA)
- Truck Broker (FMSCA)
- Licensed Customs Broker (U.S. Customs)
- Customs Bonded Carrier (U.S. Customs)
- C-TPAT Certified Consolidator (U.S. Customs)
- Registered under the Bioterrorism Act
- Food Handling Facility
Industry Associations and Affiliations
AIT is a member of numerous professional and regulatory associations, including the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
Other notable AIT affiliations include:
- SmartWay® Transport Partner (EPA)
- Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA)
- Cargo Network Services Corporation (CNS, an IATA Company)
- Air Forwarders Association (AFA)
- World Freight Alliance (WFA)
- WCA Perishables
- National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA)
- National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA)
- National Safety Council
- Small Business, Non-Scheduled Chartered Freight Air Transportation Small Business Air Freight Forwarder (NAICS #481212)
- Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF) Carrier (DOD)
- ITAR Registration (DDTC)