AIT's server rack expertise delivers worry-free, end-to-end shipment solution for leading technology firm
When one of the world’s largest technology companies needed to move server racks from Mexico to multiple locations in Brazil during the busy holiday season, AIT’s transportation logistics experts procured tough-to-find capacity, and securely delivered the customer’s high-value shipments from door to door.
CHALLENGE: Scarce air freight capacity, tight timeline
Just as the peak season shipping frenzy was ramping up in November 2020, the customer needed to move nearly six dozen populated server racks from Mexico to data centers across Brazil. As this top-heavy, sensitive cargo is vulnerable to costly damages, safe arrival was also a critical concern.
SOLUTION: Comprehensive, customized service
First, AIT’s technology transportation experts worked with core carriers to secure tough-to-find air freight capacity. Then, the team tailored an end-to-end shipping solution, following AIT’s standard operating procedure (SOP) for high-value technology shipments, including:
- Faster transit via exclusive-use air-ride trailers with strap requirements
- Driver-supervised loading
- Each truck escorted by security teams
- White glove delivery
- Delivery site debris removal
The AIT Difference Makers
- Long-time carrier relationships enable unmatched capacity access
- Dedicated control tower oversight
- Strict high-value cargo SOPs for technology shipments
- Shipment processes tailored to customer need—no one-size-fits-all solutions
- Industry-leading quality
- Real-time tracking and asset monitoring
- Faster, painless systems onboarding
RESULT: Damage-free shipment success leads to growing relationship
Following these secure, efficient shipments, which delighted the customer, AIT continues to provide the firm with reliable, damage-free shipping and reverse logistics solutions to move server racks and data networking equipment all over the world, including key destinations in Asia, Europe and North America. In 2020 alone, AIT handled more than 14,000 racks and thousands of tons of high-value technology components.
|CLICK TO CONNECT WITH OUR GLOBAL EXPERTS|